Freedom Sunflower E-Pattern by Pat Jarrett
• Graphite paper – grey and white
• Stylus – different sizes
• Clear plastic ruler (good to have but optional for this pattern)
• Pencil – mechanical or very sharp pencil
• Tracing paper
• Paper towels or blue shop towels (my favorite!)
• Water basin
• Oval sanding pad
• Identi-Pen (use for linework and I also sign my pieces with it), Cupboard Distributing, https://www.cdwood.com/products/identi-pen
• Triple Threat Ghost Writer (optional)- this tool is amazing, does a thin chalk line, thin graphite line as well as a solid point that is great for tracing. This is a tool you will use and use and use again! It is offered at Creative Arts Lifestyle - http://creativeartslifestyle.com/all-products/triple-threat-ghost-writer/
Surface – Vertical Postage Stamp Plaque from CD Wood, https://www.cdwood.com/products/vertical-postage-stamp-plaque?_pos=3&_sid=33907f8c1&_ss=r OR from Viking Woodcrafts, http://www.vikingwoodcrafts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=78048832fd5602a0646a157ac187c500&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VWC&Product_Code=20-11620&Category_Code=
The only addition to the supply list would be some wire to hang the plaque with.
Paints by DecoArt Americana
Deep Midnight Blue
Hauser Dark Green
Hauser Light Green
Hauser Medium Green
Light French Blue
Titanium White (Snow)
Brushes – I have listed the brushes I feel comfortable using but you should feel free to substitute according to your preference.
Please note, large surfaces are painted with a large flat brush of your choosing. Smaller areas are painted with a size flat brush that is comfortable for you. The same holds true for any round brush used. The curved flat brushes were used for floating and I used the smaller size for smaller areas, middle size for larger areas and the large size for the largest areas. I use both Crescent brushes and domed brushes for the dry brushing and used a size that was appropriate to the area being brushed. I have listed the brushes that I used.
• Curved Flat 7330, sizes 6, 10 and 12 * Discontinued, can substitute with flat or angle flat brush in sizes 6, 10, and 12..
• Mesa or flat brush size 4.
• Crescent brushes, #247, ½”, 3/8”, ¼” and 1/8” * Crescent brushes have been discontinued. The Brush Guys sell a similar product - http://www.thebrushguys.com/cgi-bin/sc-v4/proddisp.pl?client=firesaleguys&catid=3&PRID=4005
• JS Mid Liner #2
• JS Mid Liner #10/0
• Large flat brush (for the larger areas)
• Scruffy/ratty old brush – you know, that really ratty looking brush that has been around for a long time.
• Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, DecoArt, Matte, DAS13 – generally can be found easily at art stores, online at DecoArt https://decoart.com/, Cupboard Distributing https://www.cdwood.com/
http://www.vikingwoodcrafts.com/, Creative Arts Lifestyle http://creativeartslifestyle.com/
to name a few.