- Take time when preparing the surface.
- Take time to repair any dings or dents and sand smooth.
- Take time to seal surface wtih a great sealer. When dry, sand lightly and wipe clean.
- Take time to make sure paint is smooth - no brush marks (thin paint with water if it's too thick)
- Take time to paint several layers instead of one thick base.
- Take time to let the paint dry between applications. (A hair dryer will help speed up drying time!)
- Take time to add not one but several light top coat finishes
I have been asked many times how I get my finished painted pieces so smooth. It is simple: take time!